Are you a retail agent with a current focus on construction related risks?
Writing insurance for construction risks is nuanced, and often different from other commercial risks. In many cases, there are specific coverage points that are essential to effectively selling insurance to contractors. Understanding these coverage points can be the difference between closing an account and losing an account
Are you a retail agent wanting to develop a niche market working with the construction industry?
The NationWide Contractors Alliance is here to help. We have just launched the Construction Insurance Risk Education (CIRE) Program. This program provides 23 hours of continuing education focused on helping you understand the coverage nuances that are important to contractors and helping you learn how to communicate that information using language that makes sense to contractors, even if they don’t speak “insurance-ese”. Unlike current construction education, CIRE is multi-media…which means that you can listen to it in between appointments.
NWC Alliance Can Help!
We are partnering with Bison Mountain Financial (BMFCE) to offer this Construction Insurance Risk Education (CIRE) Program. The program is divided into 6 sections, each with a specific construction-related focus. Currently, there are two ways to complete the program:
Option 1: Live Webinars
- Six Sessions once a month
- Attendance is taken & No EXAMS!
- Cost: $450
2nd Thursday of the month
9:00 AM Central
Last Tuesday each month
1:00 PM Central
Option 2: Online Self Study
- Work at Your Pace
- 2 Exams
- Cost $250.00
One year’s access to the six sessions on video that you can watch at your convenience between appointments!
Upon completion, you will receive the Construction Insurance Risk Education (CIRE) Certification from the NationWide Contractors Alliance
Frequently Asked Questions
What courses are included in the Construction Insurance Risk Education (CIRE) Program?
- General Liability in Construction Part 1
- General Liability in Construction Part 2
- Pollution and Auto Coverage for Contractors
- Property and Inland Marine in Construction
- Directors and Officers and Bonding in Construction (3 hours)
- Work Comp for Contractors & Smart Home Liability and Cyber
Do I have to take the courses in order?
- You can take them in any order you want. However, we highly recommend you take General Liability in Construction Part 1 before you take General Liability in Construction Part 2.
If I sign up for the live webinar series, and have to miss one of the sessions, what are my options for catching up?
- You can reschedule for the next available presentation of the topic you missed.
Are continuing education credits available for every state?
- The CIRE Live Webinars are currently approved for CE in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CO, DE, IA, NC, ND, NE, NV, OK, OR, TN, TX, WA, WI, WV.
- The CIRE Online Self-Study program is currently approved for CE in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CO, IA, MD, MO, NE, NV, NC, ND, OR, TN, WI, WV
- More are in the process of being added. Visit the Bison Mountain Financial (BMFCE) website to see if additional states have approved CE credits for the program you are interested in.
Do I have to wait until the course is approved for CE in my state before I take it?
- Of course not. Many agents understand the value of the Construction Insurance Risk Education (CIRE) Program, even if they don’t get CE credit for it. Click on the link above to sign up for self-study and choose any of the options, disregarding the licensing requirement.
Why did you start this program?
- We were inspired by our relationship with the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). They strongly believe in ongoing education. However, much of the material they offer is very complex and may not apply to all contractors or all retail agents. We wanted to use common language to create a course that provided the essential basics,
Who do I contact if I have questions about the program?
- Contact Brendon Hansen with the NationWide Contractors Alliance
- By phone: (360)338-6434
- By email: